You can get married in our church if your usual place of residence has been in our
parish for at least six months.
To find out whether you live in our parish, visit the website /https://www.achurchnearyou.com/
and type in your postcode. If you are not sure contact us.
You can also get married in our church if either the bride or groom:
- were baptised in our church
- were confirmed in our church
- have parents or grandparents who were married in our church
- have parents who lived in the parish for at least 6 months duringt he lifetime of the bride or groom
- have habitually attended public worship in the church for at least six months
- have parents who have habitually attended worship in the church for at least 6 months
What if the bride or groom have been married before?
Our church has for some years now been happy to marry people who have been married before.
However, if this applies to you, the vicar will need to discuss your particular circumstances with you
before the marriage service can go ahead so you should make him aware of this as soon as possible.