The Mothers’ Union is a Christian Mission organisation working through grassroots membership to support families and communities around the world. It is open to all who are baptised and agree with the aims, purpose, and mission of the society.
Part of the Knutsford Deanery, our branch is a small group who are active and support each other in volunteering work in our local community.
Meetings are held monthly, and if you would like to find out more, please email our Parish Office on firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our recent projects include:
- Knitting tiny garments and blankets for the Special Care Baby Unit at Macclesfield Hospital
- Putting together Easter Egg and Selection boxes for the Children’s Ward
- Providing over 70 toilet bags for emergency admissions at the hospital
- Providing around 50 starter packs of food and toiletries, together with towels and bedding for local homeless people.
- Sending knee blankets and fiddle muffs to local care homes
- Providing knitting for the neo-natal units at Wythenshawe and Stepping Hill hospitals.
With our vicar’s support we launched a sponsorship scheme to help continue providing the starter packs for Riverside Housing Association’s supported housing project, the need being greater than originally thought. As always, our members and church family responded most generously.
All our church family contributed to the diocesan socks appeal, which benefited Syrian refugees and Care, a charity working with the homeless in Cheshire.
More recently, on Mothering Sunday, we provided small gifts of toiletries for the female residents of local care homes.